NV Interactive is a well established, successful digital agency with over twenty years’ experience. We work with a broad range of New Zealand and international clients delivering world-class digital and interactive experiences.
We are design led in everything that we do, and we have a rare opportunity for an experienced Creative Lead based in our busy & growing Christchurch studio.
This is a leadership role and it will involve collaborating closely with both our clients & our cross-functional delivery team in crafting exceptional digital experiences. You will be someone who inherently strives for excellence in their work & is comfortable serving as the glue between commercial needs, our clients’ users' goals & the passionate team that will ultimately craft & implement the solution you help shape.
You will have a genuine passion for design, an authentic personality, a strong desire to craft beautiful, functional user experiences and have a deep understanding & appreciation of the interplay of brand and digital. You will get a real kick out of balancing this with delivering functional user needs, ultimately resulting in highly engaging and, most importantly, highly usable digital experiences.
The opportunity to take ownership of the creative process in a leading digital agency does not come along often in Christchurch. Sound like you? Then knock our socks off with your portfolio!
We're looking for someone ...
- to take a leadership role in the creative team, and champion good design practices across the broader production team
- with a genuine passion for user-centred design, the design thinking process & solving curly problems
- who can work closely with clients & facilitate insightful stakeholder workshops
- who is able to transition with ease from presenting their work in the boardroom, to diving deep into the detail while actually doing the work
- who is straight up and able to form strong relationships with people from across the spectrum
- who is able to deftly manage internal & external expectations through clear and constant communication
- with a genuine passion for digital and the creative opportunities it offers
- who loves nothing more than crafting beautiful, polished and highly usable digital experiences
- who has an excellent understanding of best practice UX principles & trends
- with a deep understanding of typographically led design principles
- who has a broad understanding of current digital trends, and what is possible in the modern browser
- who has proven experience with interaction design
- who has an appreciation of the long-term opportunities presented by working with a progressive, growth-focused agency
- who can juggle multiple priorities yet somehow still remain cool whilst in the heat of the battle
- who gets a real kick from delivering meaningful outcomes to customers
You will have …
- 7+ years industry experience with proven success in an equal or similar role
- a strong track record in creative thinking, design, interaction design & the foundations of good UX
- capacity to think holistically about a client's business and their customers’ needs
- exceptionally strong communication & presentation skills – both in person & remote
- a highly organised approach to work, life and 'getting sh*t done' on time and on budget
- expert knowledge of relevant tools & the ability to collaborate creatively within a team
- an eye for quality, and gets enjoyment from constructively critiquing everything that passes your desk
- the ability to collaborate closely with the broader production team to ensure your vision is realised and that we always exceed our clients' expectations
- a natural curiosity, and a drive to both understand and keep pace with the changing business and technology landscape
- did we mention an eye for detail? If your friends call you pedantic, then you really should talk to us
- who is immaculately presented and plays well with others
Bonus points if you …
- submit an online portfolio showcasing a broad variety of work ranging from the beautifully crafted to the hard working
- can demonstrate a strong background in UX as well as creative work
- have a personal interest & hands on experience in emerging technologies e.g. Mixed Reality, AR, VR
- can start tomorrow!
We can offer you ...
- a varied & interesting flow of work across multiple clients and sectors
- a talented and proven production team to deliver on your vision
- strong support from a proven senior management team
- occasional travel to support customer and team collaboration
- a high profile studio located on the edge of the central city
- exclusive access to our on-site private bar and thinking room
- a great studio environment that requires a good sense of humour
If you are experienced, professional, positive, motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with good people then we want to talk to you.
To apply, please supply an up to date resume and a short submission as to why we should consider you for this role. Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid work permit, and must be available in New Zealand for interviews.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.