NV Interactive is a well established, successful digital agency with over twenty years’ experience. We work with a broad range of New Zealand and international clients delivering world-class digital and interactive experiences.
We are looking an experienced client services or account director to play a lead role in building and maintaining our extensive customer portfolio, and to help us prepare our agency for an exciting period of change & growth.
You will have a strong creative, UX or technical background, and have a deep understanding & appreciation of each discipline in a digital context. A strong commercial acumen and an extensive relationship network will also be needed to be successful in this role.
You will have a genuine passion for digital, an authentic personality and proven experience in identifying, qualifying and ultimately successfully converting opportunities.
We’re not looking for a traditional sales person. Yes, new business development is a core responsibility of this role, but we have long operated a consultative sales model where our front line team are recognised leaders in their respective fields. You will be providing strategic direction to new and existing clients, while proactively identifying solutions to their business challenges.
This is a partner level role with a national focus, and we are open to suitably experienced candidates based in Wellington or Auckland, and you will be expected to regularly travel domestically to build and maintain internal and external relationships. You will be collaborating closely with the company directors as part of the senior leadership team, and will be empowered to help shape the future of our agency.
For the right candidate, there is a clear pathway to ownership after a period of proven results. This is a rare opportunity to become part of a tightly held and highly regarded digital agency.
We’re looking for someone with the X factor, and preference will be given to those applicants who have proven leadership or sales experience gained within the New Zealand digital industry.
We're looking for someone ...
- with new business development and sales experience across medium to large accounts
- to lead the creation and execution of strategic plans to meet and exceed sales and growth targets
- with a broad network of relationships and an established industry profile
- who has a deep understanding of the sales process and is able to drive it from plan to close
- who is able to clearly articulate a complex design-led value proposition through conversations, proposals and presentations
- with a genuine passion for digital and the creative & transformation opportunities it offers
- who enjoys the challenge of building strong and long-lasting customer relationships
- who is able to manage expectations to avoid needing to have the hard conversations, but steps up when they must be had
- who can juggle multiple priorities yet somehow still remain cool whilst in the heat of the battle
- who is straight up and able to form strong relationships with people from across the spectrum
- who is able to deftly manage internal & external expectations through clear and constant communication
- who has a broad understanding of current and emerging digital trends
- who gets a real kick from delivering meaningful outcomes to customers
You will have …
- 7+ years industry experience with demonstratable success in an equal or similar role
- an exceptionally organised approach to work, life and 'getting sh*t done'
- capacity to think holistically about a client's business and their customers’ needs
- a well developed commercial mind, able to openly discuss budgets and clearly articulate ROI
- experience in the fields of creative thinking, user experience and digital transformation
- exceptionally strong communication & presentation skills – both in person & remote
- an eye for quality, and gets enjoyment from successfully testing everything that passes your desk
- the ability to work closely with the broader production team to ensure we always exceed our clients' expectations
- a natural curiosity and a drive to both understand & keep pace with the changing business and technology landscape
- did we mention an eye for detail? If your friends call you pedantic, then you really should talk to us
- who is immaculately presented and plays well with others
Bonus points if you …
- have a strong blend of new business development and account directing or management in a digital context
- have hands-on experience working within a modern content management system - Umbraco preferably - or being the go-to website person in previous roles
- have a good understanding of digital marketing best practices, and an appreciation of the core principles of sound SEO, CRO, Marketing Automation, CRM and Analytics
- have a personal interest & hands on experience in emerging technologies e.g. Mixed Reality, AR, VR
- you can start tomorrow!
We can offer you ...
- deep collaboration with an experienced senior management team
- a clear pathway to ownership after period of delivering strong results
- an established market position that generates a varied & interesting flow of opportunities across multiple industries and sectors
- an extensive portfolio of work and bulging awards cabinet to judiciously wield as credentials
- flexibility in terms of location, with remote working a serious option for the right candidate
- regular travel to support customer and team collaboration
- a great team culture that requires a good sense of humour
If you are experienced, professional, positive, motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with good people then we want to talk to you.
To apply, please supply an up to date CV and a short submission as to why we should consider you for this role. Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid work permit, and must be available in New Zealand for interviews.
For more information please email email@example.com.