Want to come help us make the digital world a more user-friendly place?
NV Interactive is a well established, successful digital agency with operations in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and London. We work with a broad range of New Zealand and international clients delivering world-class online and interactive experiences.
We're looking for a talented Intermediate UX Designer who feels the same way to join our Wellington team. This role will involve collaborating with both our clients & our cross-functional delivery team in crafting exceptional digital experiences. You will be someone who inherently strives for excellence in their work & is comfortable serving as the glue between commercial needs, clients’ customer goals & the passionate team that will ultimately craft & implement the solution you help shape.
We're looking for someone ...
- with a genuine passion for user-centred design, the design thinking process & solving curly problems
- who has an excellent understanding of best practice UX principles & trends
- who can work closely with clients & facilitate insightful stakeholder workshops
- who is able to research, plan & document all UX project deliverables to high quality standards
- ability to juggle multiple priorities & know when to push the boundaries & when to lean back
- who can lead both remote & in person usability testing sessions
- who has a passion for collaborating with cross-functional teams & contributing to a culture of continuous improvement
- who is a strategic thinker & can create well thought out solutions without breaking a sweat
- who can write well – and spell big words correctly
- who plays well with others
You will have …
- 4+ years in similar roles with demonstrated hands-on experience & portfolio to prove it
- capacity to think holistically about a client's business & users’ needs
- a strong track record in UX, interaction design & information architecture
- expert knowledge of relevant UX tools & ability to define your contribution to solving UX problems within a wider team
- exceptionally strong communication & presentation skills – both in person & remote
- ability to talk ‘geek speak’ to developers (we do not expect you to write code)
- an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and a drive to both understand & keep pace with the changing technology landscape and its associated new user experience paradigms
- who has an eye for quality and who takes pride in the small details
Bonus points if you …
- submit a portfolio showcasing a variety of large scale enterprise & small scale commercial experience
- have demonstrable analytics expertise & digital marketing knowledge
- have a personal interest & hands on experience in emerging technologies – e.g. Mixed Reality
- you can start tomorrow!
We can offer you …
- collaboration with a small but perfectly formed & experienced senior team
- support of your learning, development & career goals
- a varied & interesting flow of work across multiple clients and sectors
- a spacious studio located in the heart of the Courtenay Place precinct
- potential for travel to support client and team collaboration
- a great work environment that requires a good sense of humour
If you are experienced, professional, positive, motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with good people then we want to talk to you.
To apply, please supply a portfolio of your work, an up to date CV and a short submission as to why we should consider you for this role. Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid work permit, and be available in New Zealand for interviews.
For more information please email email@example.com.